Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bowling Night Report 4/23/09

We're getting a lot of new shooters right now, which is great. Not so great, though, is the wait in between my runs on the stage. I only shot once tonight. One cartridge failed to feed properly, and got a nasty dent in the side of the case. That's how badly it fed. That is one of the things I like about practical shooting: Not only do you have all the factors of speed, accuracy, power and ammunition management, you've also got to be able to diagnose gun problems and fix them on the fly. Usually it's just ejecting a bad cartridge and shooting again, but sometimes you've got to determine the problem quickly and get back to shooting. Fortunately for me all I needed to do was eject the magazine, let the damaged cartridge fall out and reinsert the cartridge and empty the magazine into the targets. My time wasn't great, but the shots were dead-on accurate. That's what I wanted most tonight, accuracy.

No comments: