Friday, February 27, 2009

Bowling Night Report, 02/27/09

I stuck with the plan unlike a couple of weeks ago, but had a brain fart on the "unload and show clear" instruction. The RO looks at me, and says "Drop the magazine, remember?" I need more sleep, apparently. Ah well, at least I shot decently tonight. The steel targets don't bother me as much anymore, either. I don't know if that's due more to the fiber-optic sight making it easier for me to aim or not, but I don't care as long as those steel poppers fall over.

The coolest part of my match tonight was being mentioned to the new shooters as a "worst to first" example. I'm still not one of the best shooters, but in two and a half years of shooting in IPSC matches, I have improved greatly. I'm still not at the level I want to be, but I'm getting there. And yes, I did stink the place up when I first started. I improved by practicing the basics over and over and over. "Practice makes perfect" isn't a cliche, it's a timeworn truth. Keep practicing out there and don't give up even when you hit a plateau.

No comments: