Sunday, November 02, 2008

It's that time of year again

Our gun club had its semi-annual clean up on Saturday, so Dad and I headed over to help out. The club is setting up a range that works for both trap and skeet shooters and the area around one of the concrete shooting pads is poorly-drained to say say the least. You'd think cutting a small trench for a length of ABS drainage tile would be easy, but I had the bad fortune of cutting through some of the worst mud I've seen in a while. With any luck the new piping will help to dry out that patch of ground.

I didn't get a chance to go shooting my IPSC matches last week, either. My sinuses acted up again. Eventually Illinois will make up its mind about the weather and decide if it wants to have a cold winter or a mild one. I prefer mild winters, but we do need some good cold days to keep the mosquito populations down.

No comments: