Friday, October 10, 2008

Bowling Night Report, 10/09/08

That was one of the most fun runs I've had in a while. I noticed that the first four targets on the 18-shot stage were steel. Steel is a very iffy creature for me. I either hit the popper targets the first time or I wind up emptying a magazine trying to knock two targets down. To top it all off, one of the boxes of ammo I brought had only 13 rounds in it, and I was scheduled to run the stage twice. I was cutting it close (for me) by having 63 shots to cover 36 shots total. If I messed up on the steel targets I might expend too much ammo in the first stage and not have enough to complete the re-shoot. So, nerves were my enemy tonight. Once the buzzer went off I went into a near-contemplative state, just relaxing, opening myself up to the environment, aiming casually but carefully and shooting. I ran both stages with 18 shots each, and did really well for my competitive class in terms of time. Now, if only I could do that during the qualifiers...

No comments: