Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Bowling Night Report 9/4/08

Well, I shot like utter crap. As usual, most of my shots are going low. Saturday I headed over to my local range and shot from the 10-yard line. I was shooting low. I think I may have figured out a problem with how the XD40 fits into my hand. When firing rapidly I noticed that when the trigger resets to its full position, it's tougher to maintain good contact between it and my trigger finger. So when doing some dry-firing drills, I checked to see what point the sear resets and compared it to when the trigger safety pops back out and to when the trigger returns to fully forward. There's about an eighth of an inch of excess forward travel between when the trigger safety resets and when the trigger returns to full forward. I believe I'll need the assistance of a gunsmith on this one. If the trigger doesn't go so far forward, I have less chance of causing the gun to point downwards when I squeeze the trigger.

Well, maybe this will work, I don't know. I'll give it a shot.

No comments: