Thursday, August 21, 2008

Bowling Night Report, 8/21/08

Coming hot off the heels of a crappy qualifier run, I think I managed to get back into the swing of things very nicely. Tonight I tried timing my reloads. Instead of counting shots, I took a look at the stage and divided it up. It turns out I could divide the targets into three groups, so I did. Once I engaged the last target of each group, I dropped the magazine and loaded in a fresh one. I don't like that much simply because of the damage it can do to magazines, especially when they've still got five or six shots left in them. However, it kept my rhythm from being broken by not having a magazine run out in the middle of engaging a target. I saw a few shooters have that happen to them, and I didn't want to be one of them. It didn't help my time too much, but that's okay since it's the first time I studied the idea.

I'm also getting a lot of empty brass collected. It's time to clean out the basement and use the space for a loading bench. I'd like to shoot more ammunition at the same prices I'm currently paying for off-the-shelf brands.

Between this and running, I think I've got a nice little exercise program going on here.

No comments: