Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bowling Night Report 6/12/08

Tonight the steel popper targets had a friend. One of the targets had been replaced by a falling steel plate. Unlike the popper targets which are designed to fall over, then be propped back up on a hinge, this is literally just a steel plate that falls over. Even more unlike the poppers, this thing is a 12-inch square set about a foot off the ground. A popper's main target area is about 3 feet off the ground. It took about two shots each time for me to finally knock that plate over.

I suppose this means that Smurfs will never have to worry about me shooting them in case they should try to overrun the city.

Also another sign of firing wildly as opposed to firing in a controlled manner: I hit my target tonight right on the outside edge of the target's border. That counts as a miss by IPSC rules. It was my only miss, but it was still significant enough to note.

I followed shooting tonight with a short run. Handy rule: when running, don't be in a hurry to run. Stretch, warm up, all that stuff. Between a low amount of stretching and the heat, my run was way too short.

No comments: