Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Formal Training, Day 1

My shins and ankles felt tight towards the end, but I got 1.6 miles done in today's group run. I'm in the second slowest group, but I don't care. I couldn't run it the entire way around, as I had to slow down to walk a few times. At the .8 mile mark, we could stop if we wanted, but I was here to do 1.6 miles no matter what. I did. I haven't run that far in a very long time. I'm nowhere near the times I used to get in the Air Force (I timed myself, even though I was in during that stupid bike test/ oxygen check era) but I got around. I completed 1.6 miles without a single wheeze, just a lot of phlegm. I can handle phlegm. No wheezing, though. I think my body is finally repairing itself from the years I smoked all those menthols.

I am not as out of shape as I thought, but I am nowhere as in shape as I should be. Training for Abe's Amble is going to change that. Next week, I'm going to do great, and do better than I did today.

No comments: