Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Informal training for the run, Day 5

Well, I got off my butt again for another 20 minutes of fun on the treadmill. I'm making progress in that I'm running more and walking less. I did a warm-up walk the first two minutes, then ran five minutes, then walked three minutes, ran five, and walked the next five. My calves hate me at the moment. I don't care. I ran for a longer period of time, which is what I've been trying to do for so long.

Thanks to Glenn Reynolds at Instapundit, I found an article by someone who shares my enthusiasm and feels my pain. It's going to be worth it, I keep telling myself. I will keep telling myself this until the I take my last step of Abe's Amble over the finish line.

God help me if I say "Hey, let's do this again tomorrow!" when I finish.

No comments: