Monday, April 07, 2008

Informal Training for The Run, Day 1

Well, at the very least I established a baseline for how out-of-shape I really am. The shoes worked nicely, keeping my legs from killing me immediately after the run was over. I'll have to stick with New Balance from now on. I just have to find the right shoe width is all.

For now, though, getting around the block once without having to walk is the goal. That's half a mile. I got half that if people want to be generous. My goal is to be able to run a 10k race and finish without having to walk any of it. I don't care so much about the time, I care about the distance and endurance necessary to complete that distance.

You may wonder, why do I label this under "comedy?" Because watching me run my fat self around the block is pretty amusing. I intend on being less fat in time for the Amble.

No comments: