Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bowling Night Report 04/17/08

I had the opportunity to do very well tonight. On my first run through the stage I did great. Shots on target. I get to the last three targets and start firing, not noticing that the holes hadn't been taped over. The range officer was being generous and said "You engaged the targets and hit before you saw it, you can take the best shots from the targets if you want. Or you can reshoot."

I took the re-shoot. As much as I would have liked to have those perfect shots on my scorecard, it wouldn't have been right. It was three sets of A-Zone shots, too, which are the highest-scoring shots. Yes, the recovery group made an error by not covering those holes, but I didn't want to take credit for someone else's good work.

Honesty pays, folks. I took five minutes to reload, then got back in to re-shoot. After a few more minutes, I went in to do my second re-shoot which I'd already scheduled. I like to go through each stage twice when I can. I shot two of my faster times for the number of targets presented, and got the steel targets (long a bane of my shooting career) in one shot each. Ha! Take that you lousy steel targets! In all, my first run through the stage was good, but the second and third runs were just as good, if not better. I at least earned my A-zone shots on those runs.

No comments: