Friday, October 19, 2007

Another World Series Looms...

While my Cardinals sucked their way into third place in the National League Central (aka "The Special League" considering how bad all the teams were this year), I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Colorado Rockies managed to play their way into the World Series. When I was in tech school at Lowry Air Force Base in Denver, the Rockies had their inaugural season. I watched a lot of their games on tv and saw two of their first-season games live. As a result I've got a place in my heart for the Rockies, though nothing like the Cardinals I've followed since childhood. I'm hoping they'll give their opponents in the American League a challenging series.

As far as the American League goes, I'm pulling for the Indians. Cleveland is a good team, sure, but it also helps to have a vocal and devoted fanbase to energize the team. They're like Cubs fans in that respect. I don't care how Boston loses the American League Championship Series as long as they lose. 2004 wasn't that long ago, and I'll admit to being just a tad bitter over that.

I'm hoping that the Rockies win in in 5 games.

No comments: