Thursday, April 26, 2007

IPSC Night at the Range

Every Thursday night, my local indoor shooting range has a weekly IPSC/USPSA shooting session. I think I've mentioned this before. Actually, I'm sure I have, just not sure how many posts back. Well, anyway, the saying "practice makes perfect" is definitely something you want to remember. As our setup guru likes to say "Focus on getting your shots on target, and worry about your time last." Well, I'm getting more of my shots on target now, though I'm still slower than I'd like to be. I'm still getting the mechanics of practical shooting down through these matches, and I'm noticing my accuracy isn't suffering too much. My speed is suffering because I'm not as relaxed as I'd like to be. That's all right, though. I won't be able to relax until I get completely used to this type of shooting.

I still enjoy it more than just standing in one stall firing at the same bullseye target. The practical shooting sport definitely makes a big difference in preventing boredom from setting in.

No comments: