Saturday, February 03, 2007

Well, I put 100 more rounds through the gun today firing from my right hand instead of my left. There was a HUGE improvement as I got used to firing right-handed. My first three or four magazines were still pretty random, but I noticed that the groups were getting smaller and moving more and more to the center of the target as I got used to using my right arm for something other than ballast. I currently shoot at the 7-yard line at the range.

Once I got warmed up with the first 4 magazines, I "scored" myself on the last 4. I had to shoot 8 of 12 shots into center mass as part of this week's goal. I was still off, getting only about 7 out of 12 with three of the last four magazines.

I put 9 of 12 in center mass on my last target. I hit that mental state where I notice things like my stance and my breath control as well. One went very low as I pushed forward, and two missed center mass because I pulled the gun to the right with my trigger finger. So my goal of 8 shots out of 12 was missed this time. Next Saturday, though, I think I should be able to do that. Next Saturday will also be when I put my 1000th shot through the XD40. Hopefully it will be a good one.

No comments: