Tuesday, May 16, 2006

SJ-R.COM - Lawyer: Governor went too far

Something stinks here, guys. While I don't know her very well personally, having only dealt with her as a customer at her old sandwich shop, I really think something is off in the firing of Dawn DeFraties. My mother has worked with her on legislative issues that required a Representative and Senator to cooperate on the same issue during Dawn's days as a staffer for Senator Carol Moseley-Braun. From what I've heard, she's not the kind of person to willingly fix grades on CMS exams. If there was evidence of official misconduct, why didn't Ol' Blaggie go through the Attorney General?

Illinois state jobs are tough to get because they're not just political, they're almost hereditary. Why anyone would jeopardize such a secure job by fixing test grades just seems off. I'm going to give Dawn the benefit of the doubt on this one and stick with the idea of being innocent until proven guilty. If there's a confession of guilt or ironclad evidence, I'll expect the proper punishments to be given out. Until that happens, though, I can't believe she'd do something so out of character for her.

No comments: