Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Super-quick post

I'm still around, I just haven't had much desire to blog. It's been too nice outside, the Cardinals are playing sluggishly, and I'm trying to get a few things taken care of around the apartment.

With that excuse out of the way, I shall now post something that's been nagging me for weeks. As much as I want to continue doing the latest political news all the time, I'm kind of burned out on it. I'll still post on the various doings of our national and state pols, but having gotten back into the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, I find that a lot of it is just kind of the same old thing, but this time with new hype.

Don't get too worried, I'm still a Republican. Though I'm sure some would say I've gotten a bit more liberal because I am known to occasionally talk about God as merciful and loving. Nah, I'm still the same pro-life, pro-gun, pro-military guy you all know and love. I'm just not quite as intense about the stuff I was all up in arms about the past few years. I'm think this is God's way of telling me to relax a bit.

Prayer helps out a lot when relaxing, and it also can bring insights into your worries. Want the War on Terror to end and have our troops return home safely and victoriously? Pray. Want to see past all the rhetoric thrown about by Democrats and Republicans about how faith should be handled in public? Pray. Want to get a better understanding of your faith? Pray.

Catholics out there: If you've got rosary beads out there, use them. Not only can you pray the traditional Marian devotion and Fatima prayers, there's also a nice little prayer out there called the Divine Mercy Chaplet. It uses the same rosary, and is pretty easy to remember. It asks Jesus to extend His Mercy to us and to the whole world. It doesn't take too long to complete, either. I think it makes for a nice morning prayer, actually.

All in all, pray for peace, but don't let your guard down. Some people might find prayer to be a sign of weakness. Those people aren't very bright.

No comments: