Thursday, November 25, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

I hope that you all got your fill of food, family, and football today.

I know that I'm thankful for many things. Loving parents and good friends are just two things out of many.

I'm thankful to gas station attendants who gave up their holiday to work so we don't have to worry about running out of gas on I-294.

I'm thankful for the utility workers who sat in their trucks today waiting for the call to restore power so that other families could enjoy their day off.

I'm thankful for the police officers and firemen who keep our cities protected so that we may eat in peace.

I'm thankful for all of our military personnel overseas and in the United States, who stand guard over our entire nation, who make the sacrifices necessary to protect our way of life. I thank them for taking over the duties of guarding our nation once my time in the service was done.

Most of all, I thank God Almighty for blessing me by letting me be born in the United States of America, where I can achieve whatever goal I wish. I thank Him for giving me my parents who have never failed to stay by my side, even when I've been most childish. I thank Him for giving me a family who comes together in peace and happiness. I thank Him for my friends, even when their beliefs don't always match mine. I thank Him for life itself.

I hope that your day has been as good as mine.

No comments: