Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Keyes likens abortion to terrorism

Okay, now I'm officially wondering what the hell the leadership of my party was smoking when they offered Alan Keyes the job. I'll give him points for honesty that abortion is a terrible thing. I'll give him credit for saying that the culture that has sprung up around the abortion industry needs to be eliminated and replaced with something better. You may consider abortion to be a type of terrorism or an infringement on the rights of the unborn, but you do not under ANY circumstances use the imagery of what happened on September 11, 2001 to draw a parallel between the killing of the unborn and the war we face against Islamofascism. That is a slap in the face of the 3000 people who died in New York and Virginia. (Yes, the Pentagon is on the other side of the Potomac, so I'm being a bit pedantic with that.)

I am becoming less and less enthused at the thought of Alan Keyes' campaign. President Bush needs someone who can keep his issues straight and not try to run everything together. Mr. Keyes is doing a horrible job of it so far.

On the other hand, President Bush has been doing a better job with his message. John Kerry will raise taxes on more than just "the rich." The less money I have to send to the feds, the better.

No comments: